Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hunting Game(s): Upcoming Dates

Howdy Folks,

Sorry if my slightly late posts have been an issue for anyone who really looks forward to my MWF schedule, this has been a bit busier of a week with grad classwork and the like. Hopefully next week will slow down a bit!

For this week's Hunting Game(s) post, I wanted to give a calendar for what releases to expect in October, November, and December:

10/7: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 release this week, though I'm going to have to pass (GASP!) if I want to hit the other two titles I want this month. It's nice that they're the first story-following sequels, but I don't see any other reason to pick them up, and who the hell plays Pokemon for the story?

10/9: Dishonored and XCOM: Enemy Unknown - I'll be picking these both up, thanks to selling my soul at GameStop, and at least one of them should be featured in next week's Hunting Game(s).
---Dragon Ball Z for Kinect also comes out, but I don't have a Kinect (... and I assume it will be terrible, but that's neither here nor there).

10/23: Killzone HD is out!

10/30: Marvel Avengers: Battle for Erath (another Kinect title) comes out, but, more importantly, so does Zone of the Enders HD Collection! Oh, and Assassin's Creed III comes out too, for those of you into that...

11/6: Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection and Halo 4 hit stores on this day. I'd suggest skipping Budokai (it only has the first and third games, apparently), and I think I'm personally skipping Halo. Mass Effect Trilogy is another notable release.

11/13: Call of Duty: Black Ops II comes out -- I'm looking forward to this, though I say that every CoD lately and am let down...

11/20: Persona 4: Golden is released on the Vita! Finally! I actually thought this was coming out in October; now I'm a bit sad I have to wait. Also, Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale comes out (you know, the Super Smash Bros. knock off with a terrible name).

12/4: Far Cry 3 is out, which looks interesting, though I never played the first two.

On a side note, the 3DS has NOTHING coming out all year that interests me. Nintendo REALLY needs to support their next gen device and stop developing so many DS games (which they may be, since the list I'm working off only has released into November...).

If you notice a lack of Wii or Wii U titles, that's because I have no intention of picking them up and couldn't really suggest and decent titles on their upcoming list -- I've done at least a little research or am otherwise familiar with the above.

Next Tuesday is XCOM and Dishonored (you know, as I wrote above), and I can't wait! I'm going to try and find a store with a midnight release (and, since GameStop doesn't seem to have my back on this, will probably be Wal-Mart), and I have Tuesday off so I can play to my heart's content!

Alright, see you Friday with a post on... well, I have no idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment