Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Nerd's Current Preorders

Is it weird when I title things in the third person? Probably. But the Nerd just don't care.

Ok, sorry, enough of that.

I'm just popping in to update with two upcoming titles that have just announced their preorders. I was planning on getting both at launch anyway (assuming the Wife lets me...), so these are just some nice surprises as far as I'm concerned:

Bioshock Infinite (Release Date: March 26th -- Unless it's delayed again...)


Why do I want this game? Because I loved the original (never finished the second), and this looks amazing. If the story telling is in any way, shape, or form up to par with the first game, this will easily be a phenomenal title to own. If not, at least it will look pretty badass.

The preorder bonus isn't anything too exciting as far as I'm concerned, but they already had me at "would you kindly".


Injustice: Gods Among Us (Release Date: April 16th)

Retail at $149.99 (I think)

Retail at $99.99 (I think)

This game just looks like fun. I'm not a particular fan of fighting games, but every now and then one comes along that catches my eye. DC heroes kicking the crap out of each other is pretty eye catching. Only thing better would be a Marvel version...

As for the preorder bonuses... A big ol' thumbs down from me. I'm hoping they throw standard editions a bone of some sort, because I'm rarely willing to pay more than base price for a game (Fallout: New Vegas being my only exception, I think). The fightstick would be useless in my hands and, while the statue is pretty enough (though I'm not sure which version US buyers get), it's not enough reason to pay extra.


I know there are some other big titles coming out and talks about next gen systems... Meh. Maybe I'll do more on that in the future, but I'm being pretty selective with my video game purchases lately... Though I'm pretty sure I just heard that a new Fire Emblem is coming out for the 3DS relatively soon...

Also, on an unrelated note, it looks like J. J. Abrams might be directing the new Star Wars films. While I'm at least mildly repulsed by the idea that Star Trek and Star Wars should have such a large common denominator (this Nerd plays favorites), I like enough of the man's work to be interested. That's pretty much all I'm going to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment