Friday, April 5, 2013

Movies to See in 2013

I don't think I've been to the movie theaters since The Hobbit -- not much has caught my interest, and this is a sad day.

If anyone has been feeling the same, I'm here to ease your concerns that nothing interesting is coming out -- I've found at least one movie for every month of 2013. There are some really awesome things coming up soon and some that I didn't know existed and am really excited about!

April 5th (TODAY!):
Evil Dead: This is a re-imagining of the film series I just recently reviewed. Looks a bit like every other horror movie today, but I'm hoping to find time to see it regardless.
Jurassic Park 3D: For those who enjoy trips of nostalgia literally thrown in their face, this will be a good time. Personally, I imagine I'll be skipping this one, but I respect it enough to include it.

April 19th:
Oblivion: While it's not as exciting as a movie based on the Elder Scrolls game of the same name, I do love me some sci-fi, post apocalyptic settings. And I even tend to enjoy Tom Cruise. The only sad thing is that the setting is awful similar to a novel I am writing :/
----------------------------------------------------
May 3rd:
Iron Man 3: This doesn't need an introduction, but I am hoping it's better than the second film.

May 10th:
The Great Gatsby: A plug for my more literary readers. Or for those who don't want to read the book but pretend they know what they're talking about.

May 17th:
Star Trek: Into Darkness: Basically, can May just be here already?
----------------------------------------------------
June 7th:
After Earth: I'm not sure exactly how I feel about this film yet, but it is another sci-fi, post apocalyptic (kind of) setting. And it stars Will Smith. Another sad note, it's title is awful close to that book I mentioned I was writing before :/

June 12:
This is the End: This looks absolutely hilarious. Some awesome comedic actors, playing themselves, as the world is coming to an end. I'm not one for comedies, but this is a must see on my list.

June 14:
Man of Steel: As long as it's better than the last fiasco, I'm down.

----------------------------------------------------
July 26th: 
The Wolverine: I'm... well, not exactly excited for this film. I do like that we'll be taken to Japan, but after the last Wolverine movie, X-Men 3, and the confusing introduction of First Class into the continuity, I'm not really sure WHAT'S going on with Wolverine. Oh well.
----------------------------------------------------
August 2nd:
300: Rise of an Empire: I think this is a prequel to 300 and about the bad guy, but, hey, I liked 300, right?

August 16th:
Kick-Ass 2: I really enjoy the first one, so I hope the second one can keep it up!
----------------------------------------------------
September 6th: 
Riddick: Yes! I know this series isn't exactly perfect, but I've always enjoyed it!
----------------------------------------------------
October 11th:
 Oldboy: This is an american remake of a Korean film, and as such is on here as more of a movie you go to see and shake your head at.
----------------------------------------------------
November 1st:
Ender's Game: Excuse me while I run around the room like Kermit the Frog because I'm so excited. Oh, and Harrison Ford is in it? Life. made.
I WANT ALL OF THIS!

November 8th: 
Thor: The Dark Worlds: The first was ok, and this stars the Ninth Doctor. Fantastic!
----------------------------------------------------
December 13th:
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug: Yes, I'm still bitter about a tiny book being broken into three films, but I will be seeing this come December.



There. I've planned your movie going experience for the rest of the year. You can thank me now or later, I'm not picky.

What are you most excited about?

No comments:

Post a Comment